Reserved - ? ???Rating: 3.5 (74 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 16264 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co
de?? ?? ?????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Children's Hospital Stay

We went to her doc appt on Monday. They did a breathing treatment on her and then did another chest x-ray (oh so fun....not). Then he delivers the news. Her O2 levels are barely hanging at 90 and her heart is having to work extra hard to pump blood. The breathing treatment did nothing to ease her breathing, so off to children's hospital we go.

She was admitted Monday at 2pm. By 5pm she is having an IV placed in her arm to aleviate some of the dehydration. Later that evening we go down for another chest xray since the doc office didn't send ours with us.

They are giving her nothing through the IV except normal solution, no meds. They come and check her at midnight and find she is running a fever of 103.6. They give her some motrin and recheck her at 1am, 100.3. They come and check her again at 4am and all is good and she is up for the day .

Tuesday she is starting to perk up as the day wears on. I can't keep her in the bed and the IV is hindering her. She is playing with the toys they brought in and the toys my mom brought. She can't leave the room because we are in isolation. If she leaves for a test, she has to be masked.

Tuesday morning she has a sputum test. They stick a tube up each nostril and vaccuum out the contents. They send that to the lab for test results. I still don't have a diagnosis or a time when we are going to be discharged.

4pm Tuesday, they take the tubing off the IV and Brie is free to roam the room. She kept asking me, "I sit here?" I told her, "You can sit anywhere you want. You can sit on your bed..." "I NOT sit on my bed!" apparently she is tired of her bed!

5pm comes and I am told we are going home. I've still not seen a doctor only the residents and the students (a teaching hospital). They remove the IV which is traumatic! I begin to call all the relatives who've said they are coming to visit to stop them. I call my mom and tell her to boogie up, she needs clothes and we need the extra pass to give back (security card to let you in on off hours).

The doctor finally came in. He states she has viral pneumonia. There is no antibiotic to fix it. He then looks at her ears. He has to clean out the wax to see the drums. Again, traumatic. The child looked like she was possessed and if she could have cussed she would have!

She has the beginnings of a double ear infection. He writes a script for Omnicef ($$$ drugs, but it works). By 7pm, we are out the door and she is happy about that! She declines the wheel chair and we are home free.

I got her meds filled, with the generic of Omnicef (yippee!) and we were home by 8:15pm (stupid pharmacy was slow as molases). She got to sleep in her own bed. She's been coughing since around 5am but is sleeping. I had to call into work. They've been understanding, but I'm way over my time alotment and could be written up when I get back. So be it!

0 comments: