Reserved - ? ???Rating: 3.5 (74 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 16264 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co
de?? ?? ?????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, August 07, 2006

The sickies continue



She is getting worse. She has brief periods, usually when the motrin kicks in, where she feels like playing. Then its back to wanting to be held and moaning. She slept from 11am-4:30pm yesterday. Then, she was back to bed at 8. She barely drank and we got bits and pieces in her to eat (pudding, jell-o, baby cereal).

I went to bed around 11:30 last night, I was exhausted. As soon as I started drifting off to sleep, I heard her start crying. I knew something was wrong, so I went in to her room. I picked her up and could hear her trying to swallow and could tell she was having a tough time of it.

It was time for more motrin, so I gave her a dose. I put small squirts in so that it wouldn't be as hard to swallow, but she had a tough time anyway. She started gagging and then threw up. I took her into the bathroom to clean her up, then deposited her on our bed so I could go clean her room.

After her room was clean, I called my mom (she's a nurse) to see if I should take her into the ER. My mom was concerned that if it was pharyngitis it could swell and she'd have trouble breathing. So off to the ER we went.

I don't drive well at night, but had to do it. Rick had to get up in a few hours to go to work and we can't afford for him to take time off. It was raining which added to my stress driving into town, but we made it.

The ER doc did a brief exam and then discharged us saying that it was just an upper respiratory infection. I think its more than that, so we are going to the doctor's today in about 15 minutes.

I certainly hope they can help us out. She isn't eating and barely drinking because her throat hurts. That's not good on a little body and I know they can get dehydrated super fast...especially in the hot summer time. Wish us luck!

Doctor update
Its a virus. Fabulous! All I got was to keep her hydrated. Yes, I already know this....now tell me how to get it done. *sigh*

I did manage to get about 24 oz of kool-aid down her (not the best, but the only thing she'd drink). She ate 1/2 a hotdog and some mac-n-cheese. She also had a bite of pudding.

The light has returned to her eyes, the fever is down, but diarrhea has come. I am hoping its just her body ridding itself of the virus. She's talking more and not whining as much. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

0 comments: